Since it’s still January, I want to encourage anyone making resolutions to get clear about what 2013 worked for you and did NOT work for you. In order to create and attract a different outcome for 2014, it’s important to have the clarity about how you experienced different aspects of your life. What did you learn? How will that change your behavior or emotions this year? I want to share mine with you and see if my lessons might be some that you experienced too.
- Not everyone wants to be happy. Therefore you are not responsible for anyone else’s happiness. It’s their inside job. Let yourself off the hook.
- You cannot rely on validation outside of yourself. Even when you plan to be with like-minded people, everyone has their “stuff”. Learning to separate “their stuff” from “your stuff” is an ongoing opportunity.
- You can only be triggered when somewhere inside of you; you agree with the statement and have not healed or accepted it. It can’t be triggered if it’s not already there.
- Negative emotions come from a need not being met, figure out what it is and how to get it met (without blaming anyone else or making them responsible for it).
- Someone else’s lack of belief in you is an opportunity for you to step up and believe in yourself. It has to start within you.
- Timing and readiness is everything. You may not be the person that communicates it in a way someone is ready to hear- don’t take that personally. It’s not about you.
- If you practice seeing people better than they are, you leave room for them to grow. If you think less of them, they will show up the way you expect them to.
- The vibration (or frequency) of the solution is very different than the vibration of the problem. “You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it”
- Many people do not experience feeling their emotions, they intellectualize them, and then tell you they understand but hold onto unexpressed stuff that festers and grow.
- Holding true to your vision creates trust within yourself. Incompletions and lack of follow through challenges your self esteem.
Anything resonate with you? What did you learn in 2013? What do you want to leave behind in 2013 and do differently in 2014?