Do you have a little one in your life who is anxious? Maybe the latest headlines are frightening for them, or just everyday worries that all children experience are keeping them from enjoying themselves. Worry Eaters are a product from The Haywire Group and are designed to be a safe way for children to express their worries by writing (or drawing) their worries on a piece of paper, placing it in the Worry Eater’s mouth and zipping it up. The soft cuddly Worry Eater is there to help cope with worries and handle them in a shared, safe manner. Adults can use the Worry Eater as a tool to get kid’s to open up a conversation about what is a worry and how to deal with worries.
What’s Up for Kids received a Worry Eater named Saggo to review. Both my 10 year old and 21 year old were drawn to the Worry Eater, as it is very soft and cuddly with cute features. My youngest wanted to hug it right away. I found it to be very well made. There is a zipper mouth pouch to “feed” the worries into the Worry Eater and it is very simple for a child to manage.
Worry Eaters • Ages 3+ • $15.99 (9” Small) & $22.99 (14” Large)
- Parents Magazine Best Toys 2015
- Parents’ Choice Foundation Recommended Seal
- Toy Insider’s Hot Holiday Toys
- Creative Child Awards Plush of the Year
- The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval
- Mom’s Choice Award – Gold
- Mr. Dad’s Seal of Approval
- NAPPA Gold Award (National Parenting Publications Awards)
- National Association of Gifted Children’s Recommended Toy Seal
- PAL Award (Play On Words recognizes products that advance language)
This would make a cute and thoughtful gift for any child. Available at www.haywiregroup.com/worry-eaters or from local independently-owned toy stores across the United States.