These fresh and fragrant rolls are a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Kids love to help make these too! For a more filling variation you can include steamed shrimp, leftover chicken, pork or even tofu in with the vegetables.
*Note My favorite (and sturdiest!) brand of rice paper wrapper is Three Ladies.
- 1 cup of julienned carrots, about 2 medium
- 2 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons of Siracha (Chili Garlic Sauce)
Combine these three ingredients and set aside to marinate. This can be done 24 hours in advance.
- 1 Ripe avocado sliced thinly
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup of cucumber, julienned
- ½ cup of Basil leaves
- ½ cup of Mint leaves
- 1 cup of mixed baby lettuces or other salad greens.
1 package of Spring Roll Wrappers, preferably Three Ladies brand.
- Dip the wrappers in warm water to soften.
- On a clean cutting surface, place the damp wrapper.
- In the center of the wrapper, place a couple of basil and mint leaves.
- Top with cucumber, avocado, salad greens, red pepper and marinated carrots.
- Fold the bottom half of the wrapper up and over the filling. Fold the sides in towards center and roll up.
Wine Pairing: I love serving these for cocktail hour along with a glass of Champagne or Sparkling wine. On a hot summer day a chilled Rose would also be an excellent choice.