If you’ve been sitting on the sidelines for a while, waiting for that perfect time to start dating again, I’m here to tell you, there is none. Anytime is the right time to dip your toes back into the dating pool. And to get you off on the right foot here are 15 helpful do’s and don’ts.
- Do tell your children your dating.
- Don’t let your kids pick your online dates.
- Do laugh at his jokes. You’ll come across as interested and happy.
- Don’t pick your new guy over your kids.
- Do turn off your cell phone during dinner, but give the babysitter the restaurant tele.
- Don’t forget to wear something red on your first date. Red dress, red lipstick, red nail polish.
- Do tell him you have kids … but Don’t dwell on the details
- Don’t look for a replacement dad.
- Do let him pay for the first date.
- Don’t abandon your friends for your new man. Remember girls night out.
- Do consider dating online. life’s a big pond. There are plenty of fish and 1000’s of dating sites use one that has trusted users like AYI.com.
- Don’t listen to anyone else about your dating style…it’s your life.
- Do take up your friends offer to babysit your kids so you can go out.
- Don’t worry about age – yours or his.
- Do remember my motto: “dating is a journey not a means to an end.
Do you have some do’s or don’ts to add to the list? Any questions about why these are on the list? Then leave or share your ideas at www.kerrizane.com.
Number one above all else on the TO-Do list…is to live your happily even after. Xoxo Kerri