2. Move the out of season clothing to another area.
3. Organize clothing according to wear each day/week.
4. Eliminate clothes bags that take up too much hanging space.
5. Install closet organizer shelves if budget allows.
6. Use double hanging rods to increase the hanging space.
7. Don’t hang what can be stored into drawers.
8. Hang scarves on hangers for wrinkle free use.
9. Hang necklaces on the inside of closet door.
10. Label boxes & baskets on high shelves.
11. Store out of season shoes in boxes on the shelf or under the bed.
12. Attach hooks in closet and on doors to hang purses, hats, umbrellas,
13. Attach shelves high on the walls in closets to hold seldom used or seasonal items,
E.g.: ski clothes & equipment, suitcases, tote bags, etc.
14. Keep a bag handy in each closet to collect discards for charity donations.
15. Plastic shoeboxes do not allow just worn shoes to “breathe” and air out.
Use cardboard shoeboxes or a shoe rack on the closet door or floor.
16. A battery-operated light may be just what is needed in a dark closet.
17. Utilize the entry or hall closet for other than guest’s coats. EG: seasonal items.
18. Linen closets can serve as storage for photo albums, china, silver, medications
(out of reach of small children) and of course, linens.
19. Rather than storing table cloths folded and in drawers, hang them on plastic or
padded hangers for quick, wrinkle free access.
20. Closet hooks can hold belts, scarves, purses, a lint pad, etc.
© Quick Tips For Closets Ann Gambrell 2013