Living in the South bay has its perks and being able to go to the beach is definitely one of them. However, just because we are outdoors, doesn’t mean we can throw our manners out the door. This summer remind your kids that manners are important wherever you go. Here are some tips to remember when going to the beach:
- Don’t sit too close to other people you don’t know. Give people as much personal space as possible.
- Keep your noise levels down. If your kids like to play and chase their friends on the beach like my kids do, remind them that there are people who come to the beach to relax and having to listen to loud kids on the beach is not always pleasant. Remind your kids to be courteous of others around them.
- Do not block other people’s views. If you have a tent or umbrella make sure that you put it in a place that doesn’t obstruct other people’s views.
- Pick up after yourself. Leaving trash and unwanted food on the beach is a big no no. The birds may like the left over food, but the people who have to chase off the hovering birds will not be as pleased.
- Flying sand! Remind your children to steer clear of other people’s towels. Kids don’t realize how much sand flies off their feet when they run by other people. In addition, make sure you teach your kid how and where to shake off their towels properly. Remind them that they need to drag their towel AWAY from others before they shake it off.