Now that the kids are back in school it is a good time to talk to them about what they
can do to make the most of their new school year. Starting a new grade can feel like the
scariest thing in the world, so instead encourage your child to think of it as an amazing
opportunity to grow. Each school year your child has the chance to make new friends,
improve their grades, possibly try a new sport and make a positive impression on their
new teachers. Let’s face it, every child wants to be liked by their teachers. Here are
some tips on how your child can make the most of the new school year and get on your
teachers good side:
- The first tip to making the most of the new year is positive visualization. If your child thinks they can do it, they have taken the first step to making it a reality.
- Explain to your child that teachers have a lot of students and it is up to them to make sure they are getting help when needed. So make sure they are encouraged to ask for help.
- Nothing is more frustrating than having unruly kids in the class, so remind your child to mind their manners and pay attention in class.
- Listening is a very important skill to have. Make sure your child listens and raises their hand to ask questions instead of speaking out of turn.
- Stay organized at home and at school. Every week I create a new schedule using my erincondren.com weekly schedule pad for my kids to follow. Not only is this helpful for me, but it gives then a sense of comfort knowing what to expect each week.
Most importantly, remind your child that their teachers want them to do well. It just takes
determination and hard work. Wishing you all a fun and productive school year!
For more tips and classes in your area visit courteousandcool.com