On Sunday, March 8, the matinee performance of The Barber of Seville will feature themed activities for the whole family to enjoy while learning more about the opera and its fascinating set. Domingo Family Program activities are free with ticket purchases, with half-price tickets available for children from 9 to 17 when purchased with an adult ticket.
About the Domingo Family Program Day
- Pre-show activities begin at 12:30 pm in the Fifth Floor Salons of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (located at 135 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012). Teaching artist Peter Kors will lead enjoyable and inspiring acting workshops that explore themes from the opera and help youngsters understand the elements of theater.
- After the performance, participants will have the opportunity to meet the cast at a special Domingo Family Program reception in the Fifth Floor Salons.
- Booster seats are available to help small children get a better view of the performance. Booster seats can be picked up from the coat check stand located on the Grand Avenue side of the main lobby. You can also reserve booster seats in advance to have them waiting in your seating locations when you arrive.
- Tickets for the March 8 Domingo Family Program performance start at $17 for adults, and are now available for sale in person at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion box office or by phone at 213.972.8001. (No online orders.)
About The Barber of Seville
Dashing Count Almaviva has lost his heart to the spunky Rosina, whose doddering guardian is determined to marry her himself. It’s Figaro to the rescue, as the resourceful barber conjures up wacky schemes and strategies to unite the young lovers. A topnotch cast sails through the score’s bel canto glories, thrilling the audience as characters that are just as vivid today as when they first took the stage. Rossini’s razor-sharp musical wit glints through every scene of this delicious comedy, one of the most playful and popular in the entire operatic repertoire.
12:30 PM Pre-Performance Activities Colonnade
2:00 PM The Barber of Seville
5:15 PM Post-Performance Reception with Cast
- Acting Workshop with Mr. Peter Kors
Mr. Peter Kors is a teaching artist with the Music Center: Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles County.
- LA Opera Props on Display
Props are an important element of opera as they help to tell the story visually. In our display, you’ll find a variety of Barber-themed props to explore. Please take care in handling LA Opera Props. Thank you.
- Arts and Crafts: Kite Making
Enjoy an interactive art workshop and learn how to make your very own kite.
Please enjoy coffee, lemonade, cookies and popcorn during both receptions in the Colonnade.