The Garden School Foundations’ City Seedling Summer camp uses GSF’s Seed-to-Table philosophies to encourage play, exploration and learning in our 2 acres of beautiful school gardens. During our two week-long sessions in June, campers will be welcomed to our landmark 24th Street school garden for an exciting week of cooking, gardening and science activities, outdoor games and arts & crafts. Campers will leave our day camp with new cooking and gardening skills, new friends, an appreciation for nature and an understanding of where their food comes from. What’s Up for Kids parents will receive a $25 discount for the full week of camp (details below.)
City Seedlings campers will have the opportunity to:
● Whip up a delicious menu of garden-inspired culinary creations! Our kid-chefs will assemble & enjoy fun recipes that incorporate fruits and veggies from the garden; including garden sushi, taco salad, ice cream and rainbow crackers.
● Engage in interactive science activities like compost critters, prune paratrooper and leaf sun-tan, all taking place outside in our living garden-laboratory.
● Cultivate a life-long connection with nature through engaging in fun garden activities
● Form friendships during active, outdoor games
● Create and collaborate with arts & crafts
What: City Seedling Summer Camp
When: June 15th-19th and June 22nd- 26th
Where: 24th Street Elementary School Garden in Historic West Adams
Lunch and snacks are provided! All proceeds go to the maintenance and expansion of GSF’s Seed-to-Table program at Title1 schools across LA.
Guest Writer-Shelby Crowell is a development and volunteer management associate at The Garden School Foundation, non-profit that provides interactive garden-based learning to children in underserved communities across Los Angeles in beautiful living classrooms. If you’d like to learn more about GSF or our City Seedlings summer camp, you can learn more on our website:
To receive the $25.00 discount offered to What’s Up for Kids readers, email Shelby directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention What’s Up for Kids.