Editor’s Note: This recipe seems like the perfect thing to have on hand to keep your family eating healthy. It appeared on our sister website www.todaysinnovativewoman.com and through the Holiday Season while still enjoying a treat!
A perfect pick-me up snack! These no bake bars are loaded with fiber, healthy fats, proteins and antioxidants. The grass fed butter and the chia seeds will add a boost of omega3 fatty acids.
A bar that is sure to keep you full without the classic crash of the regular carbohydrates, sugars and unhealthy oils loaded snacks. Best of all, makes a great addition to the school lunch box, your kids will get a healthy and nutritionally dense “candy” treat without even knowing it.
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pistachio, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pure unsweetened almond or macadamia nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons bitter cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped 80% Bitter chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa butter, melted
- ½ to 1 cup Xylitol, melted
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
2. Line a 10×10 baking dish with parchment paper and spread the mix evenly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3. Cut into desired portions. Enjoy.
Guest Writer-Varouj Kachichian
Chef Varouj is an expert in the Gluten-free lifestyle. He is a professionally trained chef with 20 years of experience and a Certified Gluten Practitioner.
Passionate about cooking and fascinated by nutrition, Chef Varouj’s own lifestyle and life experiences led him to research and study how food can be either medicine or poison.
His mission is to provide you with culinary and nutritional support to repair damages cause by unhealthy eating habits. He develops individualized healthy meal plans and offers menu recommendations to support wellness, weight management, increase energy and self confidence.