Summer is a great time to cook with the kids. Here you’ll find an easy recipe from Kraft Fresh Take, something new in the dairy isle of leading grocery stores. Check out the how to video for this easy version of the family favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs.
• Prep: 30 min
• Total: 55 min
What you need:
• 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
• 1/2 lb. ground pork
• apple, grated
• Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
• 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
• 1 pkg. (6 oz.) FRESH TAKE Classic Four Cheese Recipe Cheese Breadcrumb Mix, mixed together
• 1/2 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
• plum tomatoes, chopped
• cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup spaghetti sauce
• 1/3 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
• 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
• HEAT oven to 375°F.
• MIX first 5 ingredients and 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture just until blended; shape into 12 meatballs, using 1/4 cup meat mixture for each. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Reserve remaining cheese mixture for later use.
• BAKE 22 to 25 min. or until meatballs are done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
• DRAIN spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return water to pan; stir in tomatoes and garlic. Cook on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add spaghetti sauce, basil and cream; mix well. Add spaghetti; toss to evenly coat.
• SERVE spaghetti topped with meatballs and remaining cheese mixture.
Available in nine varieties, Kraft Fresh Take is a meal kit comprised of fresh, natural cheeses, unique spices and breadcrumbs. Flavorful, convenient and versatile, each Fresh Take bag requires little prep and virtually no cleanup, making it easier than ever to create delicious entrees, appetizers and sides. Available in the dairy isle and retails for $2.99. Perfect for summer! For more information visit www.tryfreshtake.com.